1. What age do you recommend doing a portrait?
I’ve painted kids of all ages, from 2-10. But I find that most moms want to capture that special time that happens from 3-5:)
2. How does the portrait process work? Do I give you a photo to paint from?
I like to take the photos myself. It's really important to my process that I get to know the kids I paint so I can truly capture their personality in the portrait.
3. How long does it take to do a portrait?
It depends on my waiting list when I can get started. Typically it takes 6 months and up to a year, but I recommend taking the photos earlier than that. Kids can change a lot in a year!
4. Can you paint both of my kids together?
My work is all about capturing the individuality of a child and you just can’t do that as well in a group portrait.
5. What are your prices?
I offer a variety of sizes in oil and charcoal to accommodate most budgets. Prices range from $1,500 to $8,000. A 50% deposit is required to book a portrait.
6. Do you paint anything besides portraits?
Sorry, I don’t do pets or houses:) Portraits, especially portraits of children, are my speciality.
7. Do you travel for portraits?
I frequently travel for portraits and have clients in Tennessee, Texas, Mississippi and Virginia. Be aware that the portrait price does not include travel expenses.