1. What age do you recommend doing a portrait?
As moms know kids grow up fast so the earlier the better! Typically the kids I paint are between 1 and 4.
2. So how does it work? Do I give you a photo to paint from?
No, I take the photos myself. It's really important to my process that I get to know the kids I paint so I can capture their personality.
If you don't live in Virginia, I'm happy to travel to you to do the portrait. Just be aware that the portrait price does not include travel expenses.
3. How long does it take to do a portrait?
It depends on my waiting list when I can get started. Typically it takes 6 months and up to a year.
4. Can you paint both of my kids together?
Sorry, I don't do group portraits. My work is about capturing the individuality of a child and you just can't do that as well in a group portrait.
5. What are your prices?
Portraits prices start at $2,000 and are based on size. A non-refundable deposit is required to book a spot on my calendar.
6. Do you paint anything besides portraits?
No. Portraits, especially portraits of children, are my speciality.