1. What age do you recommend doing a portrait?
As moms know kids grow up fast so the earlier the better! Typically the kids I paint are between 1 and 4.
2. So how does it work? Do I give you a photo to paint from?
No, I take the photos myself. It's really important to my process that I get to know the kids I paint so I can capture their personality.
If you don't live in Virginia or Tennessee, I'm happy to travel to you to do the portrait. Just be aware that the cost of the portrait doesn't include travel expenses.
3. How long does it take to do a portrait?
It depends on my waiting list when I can get started. Typically it takes 6 months and up to a year.
4. Can you paint both of my kids together?
I can, but I don't recommend it. A portrait is about capturing the individuality of a child and you just can't do that as well in a group portrait. I offer a range of sizes to accommodate most budgets.
5. What are your prices?
Portraits prices start at $1,500 for a framed charcoal and $3,000 for oils. A 50% deposit is required to book a portrait.
6. Do you paint anything besides portraits?
No. Portraits, especially portraits of children, are my speciality.
7. Where do you live? Do you travel for portraits?
My husband and I live in Lynchburg, VA. I travel frequently for portraits, although my schedule is more limited for clients outside Virginia.