1. What age do you recommend doing a portrait?
As moms know, kids grow up fast so I say the earlier the better! Typically the kids I paint are between 1 and 4 years old.
2. Do I give you a photo to paint from?
No, I take the photos myself. It's really important to my process that I get to know the kids I paint. It helps me fulfill my mission.
3. How long does it take you to do a portrait?
It depends on my waiting list, but typically 6 months to a year. However, I recommend taking the pictures A.S.A.P because of how quickly a child's features change.
4. Can you paint both of my kids together?
Nope! I don't do group portraits. My work is about capturing the individuality of a child and you just can't do that as well in a group portrait.
5. What are your prices?
Portraits prices start at $3,000 for oils and $1,500 for charcoals. A non-refundable deposit is required to book a spot on my calendar.
6. Do you paint anything besides portraits?
No. Portraits, especially portraits of children, are my speciality. I only work in oil on canvas and charcoal on paper.
7. Do you paint portraits outside of Waco?
Of course! I frequently travel for commissions. Please note that the portrait cost does not include travel expenses.